Functions of The Quality Audits & Food Defense Branch includes: Providing streamline management of both Subsistence Quality Audit Programs and the DLA Troop Support Food Defense Program. Our primary focus is our military customers' safety, quality and technical requirements. We respond by: Auditing operational rations facilities and verifying compliance and effectiveness of quality systems implemented to ensure they are capable of consistently producing safe and quality rations and the logistical infrastructures that support them; we audit commercial products offered to the Government by Prime Vendors to ensure these are of the best quality and price as those available in the marketplace; we perform food defense audits at DLA Troop Support contractors' facilities to ensure products intended for our customers are produced, packaged, assembled, and stored in a safe environment and protected from intentional contamination or adulteration; and through the performance of adequacy audits we ensure quality systems and food defense plans submitted by subsistence contractors are adequate for each procurement and that they reflect current requirements; we develop and monitor the DLA Troop Support Integrated Pest Management and Sanitation Programs and surveillance and support of said programs; also responsible for internal/external training programs in the area of Pest Management, stored product and pest surveillance training, ISO 9000 Quality Systems Auditing, Food Defense Auditing, Food Safety, general quality assurance, etc. Lead Auditors are considered the Subsistence SME, and as such provide internal/external consultative services in the above areas of expertise and general support involving complex subsistence quality assurance issues. In performing these functions, we form and support other members of the DLA Troop Support Acquisition Team and external personnel supporting our mission by providing reliable and timely auditing results and recommendations so that DLA Troop Support can supply our present and future customers timely and quality safe products at an affordable cost.
Please click on the links to view the following documents.
- Contractor Sanitation Program
- These Sanitation Program requirements are applicable to contractors and/or subcontractors...
- Integrated Pest Management Program Requirements for Operational Rations
- These IPM program requirements are applicable to contractors and/or subcontractors...
- Integrated Pest Management Program Guidelines for Cold Storage Operational Rations
- These Integrated Pest Management (IPM) Program Guidelines are applicable to contractors storing Meals, Ready to Eat (MRE's)...
- Procedures for Alternative Skip-Lot End Item Inspection
- These Alternative End Item Inspection guidelines were developed using the guidance of ANSI/ASQC S1...
- Quality Systems Audit Workbook
- The Quality Standard ANSI/ISO/ASQ Q9001-2000 Quality Management Systems -Requirements, which replaced ISO 9001:1994...
- Food Defense Program
- Prime Vendor Food Audit Program
- Ensure the quality of the items provided to the War Fighters and other DLA Troop Support customers are at an optimum quality level throughout DLA Troop Support regions.
- DLA Troop Support 2012 Produce Quality Audit Workshop
- Prime Vendor and Operational Rations Quality Systems Audit Schedules
- Initial Audit Request Procedure for DLA Troop Support
- DLA Troop Support OPRATS
- DLA Troop Support CONUS
- DLA Troop Support OCONUS
- DLA Troop Support OCONUS CENTCOM
- Technical Data Package: Meal, Ready-to-Eat (MRE)/Humanitarian Daily Ration (HRD)
- Includes Solicitation SPO300-02-R-7049 & Component Items...